sml logo Dark Ages Re-Creation Company sml logo

Thursday, July 22, 2010

DARC at LAM - 2010

the Viking Age comes to LIFE
August 15 - 25, L'Anse aux Meadows NHSC


http://www.warehamforge.ca/DARC-LAM/DARC-LAM-2010.html


In case any readers missed it (??) the Dark Ages Re-creation Company has been asked by Parks Canada to mount a major presentation at L'Anse aux Meadows NHSC. The 10 days of living history is to help mark the 50th anniversary of the discovery of the archaeological site in Vinland.

1 comment:

  1. I am working at L'Anse aux Meadows this year, and will be one of the people helping to co-ordinate a schedule for the site.

    An interesting note (interesting to me) for the Wareham Forge, my family's farm used to adjoin the area where the Forge is. If you go over to your neighbours and ask to see the Henry Arnott that has been inscribed on one of the bricks, that is a great great uncle of mine.

    I found this an interesting coincidence, as I didn't know this until after I had completed my MA in Norse and Viking Studies.

    Looking forward to the encampment and to meeting the Dark Ages Re-Creation Company, see you soon.

    ReplyDelete